Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Time Flies when your havng fun!

Phew! It's been a busy month! So pictured above is Skippy and Baxter
our two newest additions to Hoppin Hill Farm, nubian goats.

Both are males, and just the cutest little guys with friendly little dispositions.
yes, we were going to get females at first..but the prospect of milking twice a day in the
middle of February and freezing my fingers off kind of changed my mind
it's all good that the children were going to "do the milking"
but after realizing they were neglecting their cat's litter box
I figured they were never going to milk frozen goats
I love my teenagers and their intentions are good...but let's be realistic.


so! that being said, we went with the boys :)

3 comments:

  1. hi Nicole, Yep I think you made a good choice. Can't see the kids milking at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah I think so too. Of course I got guilt...oh we wanted little girls, we picked out names yadda yadda yadda...but seriously, as stare at the pile of shoes I asked my daughter to put away about a month ago I'm really happy with my decision :) Plus...how can you beat the name Skippy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwww look at your goats - how sweet - you really are growing that little farm of yours - bee update please

    ReplyDelete