Saturday, September 10, 2011

Because you just never know...so be greatful for what you have.

Last week, my friend Jen brought her daughter in for follow up appointment with the doctor for possible Lyme disease, the doctor suggested an MRI, a large tumor was found in the right frontal portion of her brain, the next 24 hours were a blur as she was rushed in for a biopsy, and then the wait.

She is 9 years old, has a twin sister, is a dancer, cheerleader and has a silly sense of humor...and she has brain cancer.

I have had the privilege of knowing her family and also working with her and her sister in school. I can't put myself in their shoes, I have no words to express my feelings without crying, I can only be on standby (along with a fabulous group of other families) in case they need anything.

Her name is Zoe. She asks that we all remain opZOmistic about her getting well. I'm asking all my bloggy friends to pray for this little kiddo, I'll be knitting chemo caps for the darling this next week, and thinking of her and being opZOmistic.

1 comment:

  1. Sending my love to the darling little girl xxx
    From an Aunty who's niece is in remission xxx

    ReplyDelete